Friday, September 11, 2009

The Face of Trouble

Meet “Bo.” 
You’ve probably noticed his picture on my sidebar.
And you might have seen the photo of him “relaxing” on Labor Day.
You’re probably thinking, “Awwww…he’s so sweet!”

IMG_0639 (C&E)

Ha! 
It’s all just an illusion. 
Let me show you what TROUBLE this sweet, innocent face is capable of getting  into!

 

 

Once upon a time, this had been SEVEN  cans of cat food.
Seven UNOPENED cans of cat food.
Seven LARGE unopened cans of cat food.

IMG_1461 (E)

I would have loved being a fly on the wall watching him open those cans.  It looks like he became more adept at getting them open as he went along.  Notice the three cans  in the middle are totally mangled.  The one on the far right is only half mangled.  The three on the left look like he just basically “popped the top”!
Ahhhh, but I digress from the point of this post.
This is what my carpet looked like after that sweet, innocent face got done decimating those cans of cat food in my absence.

 IMG_1459 (C)

A little of what you see all over my carpet is cat food.
Most of it is blood from his tongue and gums, where he laid in different places and chewed those cans open. 
Don’t worry.  Although it looks like a massacre occurred here, Bo was actually fine. No worse for the wear, if you can believe that!

IMG_1460 (C&E)

However, I wasn’t sure my carpet would ever be fine again  though.
I wanted to cry.
Allow me to  share with you what saved my carpet…
and Bo’s  a - - ! 
First, I pre-treated the carpet by spraying all the spots with Woolite Oxy Deep spot remover.
This stuff is so good that if I spray it on a small spot and walk away to let it sit for a few minutes, I often can’t even find the spot when I come back to wipe it up.   It seems to magically effervesce small spots away.

Woolite spot

 
Of course, with the amount of blood and cat food stains I was dealing with in this case, the spot treatment wasn’t going to effervesce those spots away on it’s own.  It was necessary to follow up with the Woolite Oxy Deep cleaning solution in my carpet steam cleaning machine (which I absolutely could not live without because of situations like this).

Woolite_Oxy_Deep_Steam_Carpet_Cleaner

 

These two products removed every trace of that blood and greasy/oily cat food.

IMG_0336 (C&E)

 
Isn’t that amazing?!

 

IMG_0539 (C&E) 3

 

Boheart1

Woolite Oxy Deep.

And so do I.

 

 

**Please note:  I have no affiliation with the company that makes Woolite Oxy Deep  nor have I received any compensation from them  to mention their products here.  I’m just one happy consumer of their products!

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I am so familiar with this picture! I will have to try it! You never know with 3 dogs! hehe Glad it all worked out for both of you!
Hugs, Lisa

Jennifer said...

Oh No What a mess.Glad it came clean.I used the same product in my truck.My son left the windows down and a male cat sprayed in it.Well that stuff took the smell out and cleaned the carpet.

Bo is beautiful.Hugs,Jen

Four Paws and Co said...

That sweet, beautiful boy could never have gotten into that much trouble! He was very busy with those cans of cat food! I loved your post & anything with OXY in it! The carpet looks amazing! We gave up on carpet a few years ago & replaced it all with hardwood. I couldn't keep up. ☺♥☺ Diane

♥Mimi♥ said...

Dear Bo, it is with great and immense awe that we view your destruction of cat food cans and the consumption of their contents. Although we, as a unit, have done no more than nibble on cat turds (when available) and occasionally holiday candies, we do, as a unit, aspire to your greatness.

Our momma also knows of the great cleaning prowess of the cleaners mentioned by your momma - as she has had necessity to use them when we have been less than housebroke (generally after snacking of aforementioned cat turds)and have had no other recourse than to deposit poopies on the dining room carpeting. We do said depositing as we swing to and fro around our dining room table (much like one would around a May pole) as we feel it is imperative to use only one room for our expulsions.

Bo, our hero, may we contact you on future occasion to discuss with you where you found such delightful snacks and other matters of dog deportment as we may find necessary? Our momma keeps our kitty food behind the pantry door and, alas, without opposable thumbs we are barred from performing such feats of greatness as we see here.

Your humble and speechless servants, we remain,
Scout and Freyja
Canine companions of Mimi

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Shari, at first I wanted to laugh when I seen the mangled cans girl but when I seen the carpet oh by!! what a mess...guess I don't need to send you a can opener for Christmas now ha ha!! too funny...Hope you have a great weekend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY GOODNESS. I can't believe you were able to get that mess out of your carpet! And I'm especially glad that Bo is okay. What a determined little bugger he is! It's amazing what we put up with because we love our pets so much.

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY GOODNESS. I can't believe you were able to get that mess out of your carpet! And I'm especially glad that Bo is okay. What a determined little bugger he is! It's amazing what we put up with because we love our pets so much.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I have never known a dog that can open cans....that is impressive. Now Bo would probably be in BIG trouble at our home...so glad you were able to save the carpet...although it does beg to wonder what his next triumph could be!!!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful dog! Look at that precious face! He is beautiful!
I'm going to have to try the products you mentioned. I'd love to try it in my Hoover carpet cleaner. Surely, I can use it in my carpet cleaner.
Blessings,
Sandra

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Shari,

What a funny post! Bo looks so handsome in his picture. Unbelieveable what he did. Glad he wasn't hurt too bad. Wow, that stuff is amazing!

Yes, ladies, I can attest is he a beautiful, busy, boy! lol!

Karin said...

Oh my goodness ~ What a stinker! That's funny how he perfected the art of opening those cans. Did he get the cans out of the cupboard? So glad you were able to restore your carpet ~ it looks like new! I'll have to get some Woolite ~ that's amazing!

Cindy said...

Shari, My first thought was "what on earth does that dog's mouth look like after working as a can opener". The pictures tell all. Glad you have such a great product to come to your rescue and the dog's rescue. I also hope your dog's mouth heals quickly. Hugs, Cindy S.

lady jicky said...

I do not think I can buy this product in Australia but boy oh boy - it worked just great!!!

I think your Bo would love to meet my Kenzo - both are "bad boys"! LOL

kathi said...

Oh my goodness! I thought my little weiner dogs were bad!? The two of them together cannot out match the might Bo!
I do need to try this Woolite stuff!
I won't show posts of my carpet but I hope that it looks like yours when I'm done!

Adrienne said...

Thanks for sharing this product with me. I have a Mini Doxie puppy and we have had some, shall we say, adventures! Off to find the products and hoping to make my old carpet last a bit longer! ~Adrienne~

Pauline said...

That dog is just too much, lol. Great post :o)

Connie said...

Your picture of Bo is stunning. He looks like he is "king" of your household.
Years ago I had a female shepherd name Gretchen. She was my shadow and so protective of me. She filled my life with a lot of love.
Fur babies become our children and they act just like them. LOL
Thanks for sharing Bo's adventure with us.
Hugs,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Cindy's My Romantic Home blog, and I'm so glad I did! As luck would have it, I had to buy some of the very same cleaning products this weekend after my naughty little cat decided to make a great big mess on my prized ivory-upholstered chaise lounge. *heavy sigh*

Ahhh, pets. I wouldn't want to live without my two furry little monsters, but there are days when I really would like to put them in the microwave! (just kidding)