The (drywall) dust was flying again this past weekend at the house in Hooterville.
If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you might remember one of the first rooms I fixed up in this house was a bathroom right off the breakfast room. This was the way it looked the day we looked at the house.
Now, if money were no object, I would have gutted it and started from scratch but there were other rooms that offended me more so I just decided to replace the toilet and do a cosmetic makeover with paint, fabrics and a few accessories.
But this is what it looked like this weekend!
When we gutted this bathroom, we took the old light fixture from there to replace the “Hollywood” light that was in here. The existing electrical box for the light over the sink was too low and the *new* light fixture had to be hung upside down in order to be able to open the doors of the medicine chest/mirror. It’s been precariously hanging upside down for six months.
This weekend my hubby moved the electrical box up and dry-walled over the old hole.
If you’ve ever had any drywall work done in your home, you know it’s a messy proposition. Every surface ends up looking like this.
Fortunately, everything is now cleaned up and the light is hanging the right way. (Scratch one more project off the “To Do” list!)
And since I no longer have a slew of workmen using this bathroom and leaving the toilet seat up, I removed this *lovely* piece of “artwork” which was hanging over the toilet…
…and replaced it with something a little prettier.
I do believe this bathroom is *DONE*. Well, at least done until I feel like we can afford the time and money to replace the tub, shower tile, vanity, medicine chest/mirror and install new flooring.