Tuesday, June 14, 2011

16 Reasons Why I’ve Been a Bad Blogger

I’ll readily admit I have really been a bad blogger lately and I do apologize to those of you who come here looking for updates on the house in Hooterville

Here’s a small sampling of why I haven’t been blogging much.

Reason #1: 

IMG_3089 (C&E)

I tweaked and then repainted a rack I purchased at HomeGoods, making it into a combination towel rack and small shelf for the new bathroom.  (Towel rack functions beautifully, and is unique and unexpected but not sure I’m happy with the accessories yet.)

 

Reason #2: 

IMG_3216 

Finally, 7 months after the kitchen re-do, I spent 2 days emptying drawers in the new kitchen and lining them with pretty shelf paper.  In all fairness though, it did take me that long to locate this Contact paper I had seen many months before the kitchen was even started.   I was hesitant to buy it then, not knowing how much I was going to need and then afterwards, nobody seemed to have it anymore.  I recently found it at Target.  (One of these days I’ll get around to taking updated kitchen pictures with the backsplash, lighting and the few accessories I’ve found so far.)

 

Reason #3: 

IMG_3248 (C&E)

I’ve been trying to do a little accessorizing here and there.

 

Reason #4: 

IMG_3247 (C&E)

Some of my walls are no longer bare.  We’ve been able to get some pictures hung so it actually looks like somebody lives here!

 

Reason #5:

IMG_3215 (E)

I repainted a picture mat (and the frame) on a piece of artwork I had used in the other house so it would better fit in with the paint colors in this house. 

 

Reason #6: 

IMG_3264 (C&E)

 Seven months ago, when we tried to get the new refrigerator in the house, it was just a wee bit too wide to fit through the door so Hubby had to pop off the molding around the door jamb.   I just recently got around to re-caulking and repainting the trim around that door.   The door also got another fresh coat of paint because it’s a heavily used entrance/exit.

 

Reasons #7, 8 & 9: 

IMG_3257 (E)

I’ve worked on the front porch

the ceiling has been painted a light blue,  I painted the shutters black, and got 2 lanterns hung. (Need to make a decision on furniture and cushions SOON…before summer is over!)

 

Reasons #10 & 11:

IMG_3224 (C&E)

I painted a cute (formally white) petite chandelier black and hung it over the sink in the laundry room.

 

Reason #12: 

I was Hubby’s assistant while  he did some electrical work to accommodate the chandelier.  Sorry, no photo available.  ;)

 

Reasons 13 & 14: 

IMG_3260 (C&E)

It only took about 8 months after installing the bottom cabinets, but we FINALLY got the upper cabinets assembled and hung on the sink wall in the laundry room, and I applied wall words, 

“Self Serve Laundry Open 24 Hours.”

(Still much work/accessorizing to do in here.)

 

Reason #15: 

IMG_3255 (C&E)

Got the valance (that I’ve had for MONTHS) hung over laundry room window.

 

Reason #16:

IMG_3235 (E)

I decided I definitely needed to repaint the formal living  and dining rooms.  I felt like the original bluish- gray color (Valspar “Winter in Paris” ) was just a little too dreary (and too blue)  for my liking in these north facing rooms.

 

Now that the repainting of the formal living room is done, maybe I can finally get my furniture arranged so it doesn’t look like this anymore…

IMG_3253

And maybe I can get the rest of the boxes unpacked so my formal dining room doesn’t look like this…

IMG_3252

Good grief!  Three months after moving and there is still no rest for the weary.

7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You have been one really busy person. Moving and getting everything done is a huge chore. I think you've made great progress. Can't wait to see more. Hugs, Marty

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Well what you have done is gorgeous. Love the laundry room and the black chandie!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Love the black chandie, the valance and the wording in the laundry room! I love that shelf in the bathroom too! You have been busy! I need to clean out my drawers in the kitchen too, and get some new potholders! Love that paper!

Debbie

Jocelyn said...

ha,ha moving is such a big job! We actually had someone paint our dreary gray walls. It was supposed to be finished before we moved in, but the painters were SOOOOO slow we moved in and they were still painting!!! That was a disaster story, but we won't go there. Not the painting, just the painters. Your house is coming along, but it does take time. I was fortunate to have my sweet daughter help me with a lot of decorating decisions when we moved in, but like you, we still have things needing to be done. Keep us posted :-)

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

HI Shari,
It was wonderful to see some photos of your lovely home in Hooterville. It is really beautiful, I would love to see photos of your kitchen now!
Hugs, Cindy

Lottie said...

Wow! You have been busy! All have turned out rather nicely. I especially can't wait to see the porch pictures and the final kitchen! You are so talented!

Adrienne said...

Good grief! You've been busy! I love what you've done. Your chandelier in your laundry room is wonderful. Wondering what kind of paint you used on your picture mat? I have a mat to paint and I think I'll use a craft paint I have and hope it's the right thing to use.
~Adrienne~