Sunday, May 16, 2010

Laundry Room Storage

I’m in storage  heaven!
Hubby and I worked on putting storage cabinets in the wonderful GINORMOUS laundry room at the house in Hooterville this weekend.
This long blank wall went from this…

IMG_1156 (E)

to this. 

IMG_1632 (C&E)

I wanted to utilize this wall to its fullest potential so we used one 48 inch cabinet in the center and two 36 inch cabinets…one placed on each side of the 48 incher.  These cabinets are from Lowe’s. 

IMG_1628 (C&E)

The shelves are all adjustable so that will give me  lots of storage flexibility and I’m sure it will be  fun getting everything all organized neatly.

IMG_1631 (R&E)

The cabinets  flanking the washer/dryer on the opposite side of the room are “create your own” stacking modular units.  The unit on the left is  two “floor cabinets” (with doors) separated by one open “shelf unit” in the middle.   On the right is a “wardrobe” cabinet stacked on top of one “3-drawer unit.”   It will be nice that when clothes come out of the dryer, I can hang them right up on the convenient hanger rod in the wardrobe cabinet.

IMG_1636 (C&E)

I couldn’t get the exact cabinet configurations I wanted all from one source so I ordered the modular cabinets  from the JCPenney catalog online site.  The style and color of them  are almost identical to the cabinets from Lowe’s so I don’t think anyone will  realize they aren’t from the same manufacturer.
We still have some electrical plug issues to deal with on the washer/dryer wall and I need to decide on a window treatment.
I  finally found an old farm table to use for folding clothes.  It will be undergoing a little cosmetic metamorphosis sometime in the near future.

IMG_1639

And I’m still working on the cabinet configuration for the wall in the photo below but  upper and lower cabinets, a sink, and something to hide the hot water heater is planned so I hope to have that finished and ready to share with you in the next few weeks.
IMG_1111 (3)

 

Linking up to:
The 70th Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

met monday

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

transformation thursday

23 comments:

Katie Olthoff said...

Wow! I am seriously jealous! Pretty sure your laundry room is bigger than my kitchen! And all that storage!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness Shari! Your laundry room is wonderful. It's huge and then look at all the cabinets you've used! So much storage! I love it! I'm so proud for you.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Needles Everywhere said...

It is fabulous. I can't wait to see all the goodies you can store in it.

Jocelyn said...

Wow what a fabulous laundry room! Love all the storage space! You can never have too much ;-)

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Really nice!! I love it. Enjoy your room!
Hugs, Lisa

Bring Pretty Back said...

I am forwarding this to my husband because when we build this is how I want my laundry room to be!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This room is going to be fantastic!! The storage cabinets looks great and I love the folding table!! What a great idea!!

Lou Cinda

Kammy said...

This room is taking shape ! Love all the storage and that little folding table perfect !
Kammy

Jen said...

Holy Cow!!! I just wanted enough
room for a sink(which I dont have)!! Love..Love..Love...the folding table!!I cant wait to see it all finished!!
pineyflatsstyle.blogspot.com

Adrienne said...

Your laundry room is coming together and it's going to be the greatest thing to have all of that space and storage! I'm a bit jealous but I'll get over it! Can't wait to see it all finished and decorated. Glad you found the table - curious what you will do to it. ~Adrienne~
P.S. - The 'card' came - will shop soon and share. Thanks a bunch!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh wow! I adore it. What a wonderful metamorphosis.

Cindy said...

Everything is looking GREAT!!!

Nancy Wyatt said...

ohhhh myyyy! love it! that is one spacious laundry room with some fabulous storage! hugs from conroe, tx!

One Life Many Journeys said...

Swoon....I would love to have a laundry room that size and with all that storage.

Renée said...

The only thing you are missing in this enormous laundry room is a river and rocks!

Pinky said...

O*M*G*!!!! I am GREEN with envy: at the SIZE of your room and being a "dishaholic" the STORAGE!!!! Mother of mercy I woulod feel like I died and went to Heaven!!!! Can't wait to see the rest done! Fabulous room!!!! Whew! XO, Pinky

Kansas Amy said...

I am so envious! So much storage and what an awesome room! Great job with the planning!

kay ellen said...

The size of your laundry room~~wow, lucky you!!
Your color palette is very pretty too:)

Smiles,
Kay Ellen

Connie said...

Shari,
Your laundry room is TDF! Can you tell me what color are the walls? Is that a shade of aqua? Its hard to tell on my monitor. Would you mind sharing the color? Love the farm table and all your new cabinets. You are doing a great job.

Hugs,
Connie

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Hi Connie! Yes, the walls are aqua...this "pink girl's" new favorite color. :)

It's Valspar paint (Lowe's) and the color is called "Aqua Frost."

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

You have the ultimate laundry room! I'm totally jealous of that table, too.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow this is really beautiful. Love the colors and the layout and of course your choice of cupboards for storage...just perfect. I know the room is going to be amazing when you get it decorated the way you want! Love it.
Blessings,

Debbie
YOu have a wonderful blog too!

Just Trying To Save Money said...

I am so jealous. We have a laundry room the size of a closet. I only wish we had that much room. Looks great!!

www.justtryingtosavemoney.com